Chancellor Eric Fingerhut of the Ohio Board of Regents joins Governor Ted Strickland, U.S. Senator John Glenn (Ret.), U.S. Congressman David Hobson (Ret.) and other national and state leaders for a press conference announcing the formation and inaugural meeting of the Ohio GI Promise Council, as directed by Governor Strickland in Executive Order 2008-17S.
The mission of the Ohio GI Council is to provide veterans, servicemembers and their families with the best opportunity in the United States to reach their potential through higher education. The specific goals of the Council include: 1) to raise the profile of veteran education opportunities in Ohio,
2) to generate resources to support the marketing of Ohio's program, and
3) to ensure that Ohio's colleges and universities have the best educational opportunities and services available.
Includes remarks from:
- Eric Fingerhut, Chancellor of the Ohio Board of Regents
- Gov. Ted Strickland
- Former Congressman David Hobson
- Bill Hartnett, Director of the Ohio Dept. of Veterans Services
- Maj. Gen. Gregory Wayt, Adjutant General
- Former U.S. Sen. John Glenn