Ohio National Guard Soldiers and Airmen are always ready, always there as
warfighters, homeland defenders, and supporters of partnerships. In order to
be ready for the next mission, units conduct annual training. Watch the new
Buckeye Guard newscast to see the action from across the state, the nation,
and the world.
In this episode:
- The 37th Infantry Brigade Combat Team conducted a month-long rotation at
Fort Polk's Joint Readiness Training Center in Louisiana.
- Airmen from the 178th Wing participated in a joint Chemical, Biological,
Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) exercise in Indiana.
- The 200th RED HORSE Squadron held a multi-day field training exercise at
Camp Perry Joint Military Training Center.
- The 52nd Civil Support Team (Weapons of Mass Destruction) trained with
about a dozen local, state, and federal agencies in responding to a "dirty
- Soldiers assigned to 1st Battalion, 174th Air Defense Artillery Regiment
operated the Avenger Air Defense System and Sentinel Radar systems during
exercise Forager 21 in Guam.
- About 50 members of the Ohio Military Reserve have completed a state
active duty mission to support the Ohio Department of Job and Family
Services to process pandemic unemployment claims.