Built in 1954, the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo opened its doors to the Muslim community. With the influx of Muslims in the late sixties and early seventies, the center moved from Bancroft Street in Toledo to its current location in Perrysburg Township. In 1983, the center became the first mosque in North America to be built in classical Islamic style. The Islamic Center of Greater Toledo represents nearly 30 nationalities and continues to provide a bridge of understanding between its members and the community.
April 11, 2016