The Galloway Log house was originally built along the Little Miami River in Greene County in 1799 by James Sr. and Rebecca Galloway.James Sr. would go on to be the first treasurer in Greene County. His son James Jr. would be Green County's first county surveyor. The Greene County Historical society moved the cabin to corner of Second and Monroe Street in 1936. In 1965 it was moved again to its current location. The cabin was damaged in the 1974 tornado that came through the city of Xenia. It has since been repaired and restored.