In conjunction with the anniversary of the Kent State tragedy, the Ohio Historical Society hosted a panel featuring Ohioans who experienced the May 4, 1970 events at Kent State University firsthand.
- Alan Canfora, one of the 9 students wounded on May 4, 1970 and the current director of the Kent May 4 Center;
- Charles Fassigner, commander of the 2nd Squadron 107th Armored Cavalry Regiment and senior uniformed officer on campus May 4;
- Glenn Harper, a private in the Headquarters Company of a National Guard Unit in Akron stationed at Kent State on May 4;
- Franco Ruffini, a student at Kent State in May 1970;
- Scott Mueller, a Kent State journalism student in May 1970;
- Moderated by Cathy McDaniels-Wilson, assistant professor of psychology at Xavier University.
May 15, 2008